Narrative-driven platformer To Leave launches on Steam today for $7.99 (discounted from $9.99), developer Freaky Creations have announced.
The game, which deals with themes of depression and suicide, focuses on a depressed young man named Harm and his magical door. He uses this door to visit various areas so he can initiate his plan to gather souls and send everyone to heaven. Players must traverse each area with platforming and puzzle-solving, all while collecting Vibrance for energy.
To Leave released for PlayStation 4 back in April 24, and is priced at $19.99. Meanwhile, the Steam version will go back to its normal price of $9.99 on October 11. A PS Vita version is marked with a “TBD” release date.
About To Leave
In To Leave, the player inhabits Harm – a character who is suffering from manic depression. In possession of a magical flying door, Harm makes his way through expansive, vivid levels akin to an Ayahuasca trip in order to fulfill his Plan – a way to harvest the souls of his homeworld so that everyone can leave this world and enter Heaven.
With the ability to move left and right and fly upward with the help of his door, Harm must traverse each level collecting Vibrance – a type of energy – while avoiding hazards and deadly falls. Slow, methodical movement is the way to go here: If all Vibrance is lost, Harm is sent “home” – exhausted and filled with despair. Flying between immense, powerful rocks that function as checkpoints, Harm can open his magical door to parts unknown – eventually arriving at the many Harvesting Shrines that hold the key to redemption. Reaching all of them and activating the Origin Gate is the only way out.
- Experience a lyrical, awe-inspiring platformer that ignores genre boundaries.
- Savor a stunning, handcrafted world full of color and danger.
- Immerse yourself in a gripping, emotional narrative that doesn’t hold back.
- Enter Harm’s mind though detailed diaries that chronicle his journey of self-discovery.
- Enjoy an original soundtrack that reflects the beautiful yet dissonant nature of the game’s many worlds.
- Explore the peaks and valleys of manic depression through a powerful mix of story and gameplay.