Indie development collective Mistaken Visions announced today that they are bringing their first game, The Piano, to Steam this spring.
In development for five years, The Piano is a survival horror game combined with a noir-style murder mystery. Its story-driven adventure follows the tracks of John Barnerway in post-war Paris, sibling of three renowned pianists. When the media erroneously pins his brothers’ murders on him, John must travel around Paris in order to search for answers.
The game was supposed to released last year but was delayed due to tester feedback. Creator Jonathan Stemmildt spent the past year working out the bugs and polishing the game further.
“Five years ago I had the idea of making a horror game that wasn’t just about the scares, but which featured a deep and personal story that players could become emotionally invested in,” said Stemmildt.
In the meantime, check out The Piano‘s teaser trailer and features below.
- True psychological horror: delve into the darkest corners of John’s mind
- Gather clues and solve puzzles in search of answers
- Evade terrifying foes that stalk the empty streets of Paris
- Piece together a fragmented story to uncover the truth
- A noir-influenced aesthetic, with heavily stylised visuals
- Immersive soundtrack and full voice acting