Sega released today a video highlighting some of the key mechanics in their upcoming game, Team Sonic Racing.
Called “Team Gameplay Spotlight,” the video showcases five team-focused moves:
- Skimboost – Drive past your teammates and give them a much-needed speed boost
- Slingshot – Follow your teammate’s slipstream and get a speed boost
- Rival Takedown – Knock out an opponent to disable them for a few seconds and drive past them
- Item Box Transfer – Transfer Wisps around among your team anywhere on the track
- Team Ultimate – Team mechanics fill up the team ultimate meter, which the entire team can use simultaneously
This video also marks the debut appearance of Team Rose (Amy Rose, Big the Cat, and Chao), as well as a new race track called “Ice Mountain.”
Team Sonic Racing is scheduled for launch sometime this winter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. In the meantime, you can watch the video below to see how these team mechanics work.