“Encounters” is the game’s first major expansion that aims to add over 10 hours of extra gameplay. Priced at $9.99, it is also available as part of the game’s ultimate edition, along with the original soundtrack, art book, and the core game. The ultimate edition normally costs $49.99 but is currently 25 percent off, bringing the price down to $37.49.
Some of the new content include:
- A new ship called “Colonial Sentinel.” Equipped with a mid-class engine, exclusive EMP Generators for stunning enemies, and an exclusive shield called “Shield ST.”
- New weapons include:
- Lightning Gun – deals damage that arcs to nearby enemies
- Neutron Cannon – increased area damage and bigger projectiles the longer it is charged
- Seeker Missile – hit multiple foes at once with explosives
- Plasma Thrower – creates a massive spurt of plasma that deals damage over time
- New devices include:
- Emergency Shield
- Decoy Generator
- Damage Converter
- Factory space stations where players can refine and convert resources, perform minor ship repairs for free, and upgrade their ships.
- Visit Okkar Homeworld and learn a new way to interact with the alien race
- New enemies and story characters, along with new quests
The Xbox One version will still get “Encounters” in February 2018, along with 4K support for Xbox One X.