Atlus announced today that the remaster for the 2013 side-scrolling fantasy action game Dragon’s Crown will release to Western audiences in Spring 2018.
Titled Dragon’s Crown Pro, the game features updated visuals, including 4K resolution, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro. English and Japanese audio options are also available, along with localizations in French, Italian, German, and Spanish. Additionally, cross-play and cross-save compatibility is available for those who already own the PS3 and Vita versions. And don’t forget about the four player local and online multiplayer co-op.
This Vanillaware-developed game will see players take the role of being one of the six classes available: Fighter, Dwarf, Amazon, Wizard, Elf, and Sorceress. Players will explore the dungeons of the kingdom of Hydeland and attempt to find the truth about the game’s namesake treasure.
- Visuals Fit for an Ancient Dragon – With beautifully refined artwork and 4K resolution support, Vanillaware’s signature art style will come alive as you bludgeon, cleave, shoot, and loot through the dungeons of Hydeland.
- A Rousing Adventurer’s Soundtrack – A newly recorded soundtrack by fabled composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, supported by a live orchestra, will accompany daring treasure hunters on their search for the Dragon’s Crown.
- Glorious Presentation – Rejoice because English and Japanese audio options will now be available! Plus, game text will be localized in French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- All the Royal Bells and Whistles – If you already own Dragon’s Crown, your saves won’t go to waste. There will be online cross-play & cross-save compatibility with existing PS3 and Vita versions. Oh, and all patches, features, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC from the original game will be included!
- Four Player Frenzy – With the fun local couch co-op and online multiplayer you remember, up to four players can experience countless hours battling together.