If you’re looking for something to do or watch this weekend, One Gamer Fund would like for you to spend your weekend with them.
One Gamer Fund is a coalition comprising of seven video game focused charities: AbleGamers, Child’s Play, Games for Change, Global Game Jam, IGDA Foundation, Stack-Up, and Take This. Instead of having to choose which charity to support, OGF enables people to support all seven at once. Donations received are divided evenly to benefit all seven charities.
“Millions of gamers have already contributed to the individual charities One Gamer Fund supports because each of their causes are so meaningful,” says Seven Siegel, co-founder, One Gamer Fund. “With One Gamer Fund, it’s never been easier to help some of the most distinguished gaming charities all at once.”
To celebrate their founding, OGF is running a fundraising event until Sunday, Sept 24. Those who wish to join can do any of the following:
- Purchase a game or bundle published by Good Shepherd Entertainment on Steam. 50 percent of the sales will benefit OGF charities.
- Watch streamers who are fundraising for OGF on Twitch.
- Do your own stream to benefit OGF and use Tiltify to collect donations. Streamers also get promoted on OGF’s social media.
- Purchase one or both OGF-related t-shirts from The Yetee. Each costing $12, one shirt bears the OGF chimera logo, while the other features a group of familiar characters such as Isaac and Octodad. $4 from each sale benefits OGF.
- Donate directly through OGF’s website or via PayPal to [email protected]
- Become a corporate sponsor. Send an email to [email protected] for more details.