Sledgehammer Games announced recently that they increased the maximum level for “Call of Duty: WWII” multiplayer beta on PlayStation 4.
Just after over a day of beta testing, Sledgehammer Games has decided to increase the max level to 25. According to their blog, the new level cap enables players to experience unlockables such as the Bouncing Betty Lethal and Fighter Pilot Scorestreak. They are also addressing some of the most popular feedback items:
- We love the positive reactions to the new overhead camera esports feature. In response to feedback about visibility of objectives, especially Hardpoints, we are currently working on solutions for launch.
- Some players are reporting getting trapped in an update loop after they are prompted to restart their game to complete an update of the client. We have been resolving these through basic troubleshooting and are investigating further steps.
- You have asked about a color blind setting in the menu. While not in the Beta, we have been working to have this for launch.
- In response to all the requests for bumper jumper configuration, we also plan to support this for launch.
- We’ve heard your feedback regarding playlist variety, and have made some adjustments to improve this. You know what else would improve it? More maps and modes.
- We’ve heard your feedback on the Paratroopers Scorestreak having some edge case issues. We made some adjustments today, but they didn’t address the core issue in the way we wanted. We’ve got new fixes coming soon.
- We are investigating a bug that causes some players to be kicked back to the Main Menu after accepting an invite from the load screen of any map.
- There is a bug causing the title to crash when an invitee accepts an invite while entering a match when the inviter is also entering the match.
- Some of you have noted that the incendiary shells feel too strong. We’re looking into data to determine if a nerf is needed.
- Improvements to Party UI / UX are underway. Implementation date is still TBD, but know that we are actively working on it.
The developers are using this multiplayer beta to keep track of player feedback, as well as testing multiple features and online infrastructure. Sledgehammer Games has also dedicated an entire reddit thread over at the WWII subreddit to collect player responses. Some have opted to take a web survey instead.
The PS4 multiplayer beta, which started on August 25, is live until August 28. Another beta will take place on Sept 1-4, and this time Xbox One owners can participate. The game itself is releasing on Nov 3.