In anticipation of its Nov 9 release on Steam for PC and Mac, atmospheric sidescrolling platformer Ayo: A Rain Tale received a new trailer.
Ayo: A Rain Tale follows the journey of a young sub-Saharan African girl named Ayo. She is setting out on her own for the first time to get water for her family, all while braving the elements across the desert. Unfortunately, she gets lost in a sandstorm and ends up in a strange world instead. With the help of the Asili Twins, Ayo must escape numerous obstacles and defeat various enemies so she can make her way home with water.
The game, developed by Lebanese studio Inkline Ltd., aims to bring awareness to the plight of sub-Saharan African families. Women and children in these families leave their homes every day and spend an average of 33 minutes just to get water. Inkline cites UNICEF’s press release on water collection as their source for these statistics.
Ayo: A Rain Tale normally costs $9.99, but the first week of its release will have a 30 percent discount. In other words, those who are interested can buy the game for $6.99 until Nov 16.
- Explore Sub-Saharan lands by crawling, climbing, and double-jumping.
- Experience day and night cycles on your journey.
- Solve puzzles and push through boulders to advance.
- Withstand the harsh desert heat and fight for strength and emotional balance.
- Face challenging enemies and confront Ja Thunderstorm!
- Discover hidden paths and avoid natural hazards.