3D platformer A Hat In Time finally got its console release dates, releasing worldwide on Dec 5 or 6 depending on the region.
The Humble Bundle published game by Gears for Breakfast is set to release on Dec 5 for PlayStation 4 in North America, while Europeans will get the game on the 6th. Xbox One owners worldwide can download the game starting on Dec 6. The PC and Mac versions of the game previously released on Steam back in Oct 5.
A Hat In Time is a self-proclaimed homage to 3D platformers such as Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie. Its Kickstarter campaign in May 2013 is one of the most successful campaigns launched, amassing over $294,000 in pledges out of its $30,000 goal. Players assume the role of Hat Kid, a space-traveling girl who is protecting worlds from the evil Mustache Girl. Accompanied with soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope, Hat Kid will explore a total of seven worlds. Five are from the main campaign, while two are from post-launch downloadable content.
- Seven Worlds to Discover: Play through massive worlds Mafia Town, Subcon Forest, Battle of the Birds, Alpine Skyline and two free DLC worlds post-launch.
- Exploration is Key: Every nook and cranny contains some type of goody to help you overcome new obstacles.
- Pick on Someone Not Your Own Size: Hat Girl may be small, but she packs a punch! Defeat an eclectic cast of baddies to unlock goodies and fight giant bosses.
- Yay Upgrades: Improve your weapon with new platforming moves and combat ability unlocks.
- Badges: Don’t tell the scouts, but badges actually give you special powers!
- Put Some Pep in Your Step: Featuring music co-composed by Grant Kirkhope, the composer for Banjo-Kazooie.